HEALTHY SLIMMING CHICKEN MARSALA
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 224 cal
2 g fat (1 g sat), 400 g sodium, 20 g carbs, 1g fiber, 27 g protein
EASY PREP: Prep: 10 min Cook:
15 min Chicken Marsala
The secret to turning this Italian classic into a slim summer meal is using chicken cutlets,which are
thinner than breasts, so your dose of lean protein cooks faster and more evenly without drying out.
- 6 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 – 1 1/2 lb chicken cutlets
- 3 c sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 c Marsala wine
- 1/2 c low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaf
- In a shallow bowl, combine flours and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in mixture and set aside.
- Lightly coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high.
- Add chicken and sauté until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove cutlets to a plate and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add wine to pan. Reduce to a glaze, scraping any loose brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Reduce heat and add broth, parsley, and thyme. Stir; cook until broth reduces by half.
- Return chicken to pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
*** This cookbook has been edited and updated (12/13/2015), thanks to all the feedback we got. Thank you for making this book ... Read More >
Read More >