Treat yourself with this delicious pineapple BBQ Chicken Sandwich. Having chicken instead of beef is a healthy meal choice and lower in calories so eat up and enjoy the summer.
- 1 lb cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 4 1/2″-thick slices of pineapple
- 4 King’s Hawaiian hamburger buns
- coleslaw, optional (recipe below)
- Combine barbeque sauce and pineapple juice in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the shredded chicken, tossing to coat, and cover. Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over high heat. Place the pineapple slices in the pan, and cook for a couple of minutes on each side, to slightly soften the pineapple and obtain grill marks. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Split the burger buns in half, and lightly toast them in the grill pan.
- Pile the barbequed chicken on the bun, topping with the grilled pineapple, and coleslaw if desired.
- Source: adapted from So Tasty, So Yummy
2 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
1 cup thinly shredded red cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup greek yogurt
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, greek yogurt, vinegar, and honey. Add in shredded cabbage, carrots, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Cover and refirgerate for and hour to let flavors meld before serving.