Treat yourself with this delicious Broccoli Quiche without the crust. This is a great way to reduce calories and still have a healthy – delicious recipe. Many studies say starting with a healthy breakfast helps you consume less calories throughout the day.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 1 1/2 minutes. Add broccoli; sauté 1 minute. Spread broccoli mixture into a muffin pan coated with cooking spray. Combine milk and next 8 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large bowl. Pour milk mixture over broccoli mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until top is golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean; let stand 5 minutes.
Forget the Fad Diets, Join the Food Freedom Movement!
Counting calories is out. All the food groups are in. Becoming trim and healthy doesn'... Read More >