Packed with flavor but low on fat, Dr. Mike Moreno’s 17 Day Diet cookies contain fiber, aid digestion and are delicious!
17 Day Diet Cookie Recipe:
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons almond paste
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 10 packets of Truvia
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup vanilla whey powder
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
– Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Beat together applesauce, almond paste, flaxseed oil, Truvia and agave nectar.
– Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix well.
– Add flour, baking soda, salt, pepper and whey powder. Beat thoroughly.
– Stir in oats, cherries and almonds. Mix well.
– Divide dough into 18 cookies.
– Drop the batter by large tablespoons onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
– Flatten each cookie with the back of the spoon.
– Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until brown.
– Remove from oven. Cool and store in a plastic container.
Each cookie contains 128 calories and can be enjoyed on the Activate, Achieve and Arrive cycles for breakfast or as a snack. Each cookie counts as 1 protein and 1 natural starch.