Give Dr Oz’s Fried Chicken Recipe a try. It is delicious, healthy and low calorie so eat up and enjoy!
8 small pieces of chicken, breast, thigh, and drumsticks, with skin removed
8 C water
1/3 C salt
2 Tbsp premium, MSG-free fish sauce (the secret ingredient used in Southeast Asian Cooking)
1 C all-purpose flour
1 ¼ C plain bread crumbs
4 ¼ tsp salt
2 tsp granulated sugar
2 tsp tellicherry pepper (finely ground)-this is a high grade pepper
½ tsp ground (white) pepper
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp ground savory
½ tsp ground sage
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground marjoram
¼ tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper (gives the chicken a slight kick)
4 eggs (Dr Oz cracked the eggs with one hand! Show off!)
2 C skim milk
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Dissolve 1/3 cup salt in 8 cups water.
2. Stir in fish sauce.
3. Add chicken (marinate for 2 hours.)
4. Remove chicken from brine, rinse with water, and blot dry.
5. Preheat oven to 375° F.
6. Make the breading by combining all ingredients in a large bowl.
7. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the milk.
8. When the oven is hot, dip each piece of chicken in the egg and milk mixture and then press into the breading.
9. Toss each chicken piece in the breading until well-coated.
10. Let chicken sit for 2 minutes in the breading. Shake off the excess breading and arrange on a baking sheet that has been thoroughly sprayed with vegetable oil non-stick spray. (non-stick spray is used in lieu of frying but will give the chicken a fried texture.)
11. When all of the chicken has been breaded, spray each piece with the oil spray until the breading is completely moistened.
12. Bake chicken for 40 to 45 minutes (or until it’s nicely browned.)
Nutrition Facts (for 1 thigh):
For 1 breast
290 calories per serving
10g fat per serving
Improve your life through your diet with a friendly, non-punishing, and completely authoritative approa... Read More >