So here are some recommendations to help you find ways to overcome this problem and make following the Dukan Diet a little bit easier.
Dukan Diet Recipe: (See instructions below)
- (rice substitute) – Low Carb Cauliflower Rice
- Low Carb “Pasta” – Steamed Spaghetti Squash
- (breakfast) – Fried Eggs with Sliced Ham
1. Low Carb Cauliflower Rice Cauliflower Rice Recipe – Low Carb “Rice”. Cauliflower is a truly excellent low carb rice substitute.
Equipment: A food processor,a paring knife and Ceramic or glass bowl.
- Wash the cauliflower removing and discarding the outer leaves and cut into 1/2″ squares.
- Select the shredder option for your food processor and shred the cauliflower into the bowl Note: Shred too finely and you’ll get mush. Shred too coarsely and you’ll get strips not “rice”!
- Place in the microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave stir gently and put back in the microwave for a minute more.
- Stir gently again and serve.
Note: No additional water is needed when microwaving the cauliflower.
Low Carb “Pasta” One of the best known low carb “pasta” alternatives is spaghetti squash and as its name implies it provides an alternative to real spaghetti as when cooked the flesh of this vegetable turns into spaghetti-like ribbons. There are many methods of preparing spaghetti squash but my favorite is steaming.
2. Steamed Spaghetti Squash Equipment: Steamer, Sharp knife, Fork Ingredients: Spaghetti squash
Instructions: Wash the squash and cut it in half. Clean out all the seeds and fibers. Cut the squash into 8 to 10 pieces and place in the steamer skin side facing up. Steam until tender and a knife cuts into the flesh easily (10 to 15 minutes). Remove from the steam and allow to cool for few minutes. Using a fork, scoop out the flesh which will come out in strands and can then be used in your favorite recipe. Other substitutes you can use are zucchini (courgettes) which can be spiralled with a food processor into tasty low-carb, low-calorie “spaghetti”, to be lightly steamed, fried or carrots grated or cut into long strips to use as “taggliatelle” or “fettucine”.
4. Fried Eggs with Sliced Ham (Serves 1) Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 slices of lean ham
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the ham slices into squares.
Directions: Break the eggs into a bowl (do not break the yolks) and add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the eggs into a heated non stick frying pan and scatter the ham pieces over the egg whites. This is really an omelette where you don’t beat the eggs and get to have your egg yolks runny.
Dukan Diet Recipe – Ham Omelette Ham and Egg Omelette Follow the recipe above except you beat the eggs before adding the ham. You can ring the changes by adding cheese or on the days that you are allowed vegetables add tomatoes or mushrooms.
Get More Information on the Dukan Diet. The Dukan Diet: The French medical solution for permanent weight loss.
Save on Kitchen Tools to support your diet success (steamers and food processors at a great price.)
Savings on Workouts Wear: All Sports Bra Sale As Low As $19.99 at ChampionUSA.com!
Men’s Workout Sale: Get Men’s DoubleDry Gear Up To 30% Off at ChampionUSA.com!
Free Shipping with $125+ Orders at ChampionUSA.com!
Plant-ba... Read More >
Then, read below: