- 1 eye round beef roast (about 5lbs.)
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. chopped garlic, divided
- 3 tbs. chopped assorted fresh herbs, divided
- 12 oz. baby carrots
- 8 oz. frozen red pearl onions, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
1. Heat over to 325. Coat beef with oil, 1 tbs. garlic and 2 tbs. herbs. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Place beef and carrots in roasting pan.
2. Roast 1 hour 30 minutes, or until inserted thermometer reads 145, adding onions after 1 hour. Let sit 15 minutes.
3. Skim and discard fat from pan juices. In saucepot, cook shallots and remaining garlic and herbs in butter 1 minute. Add flour; cook 1 minute. Add broth, wine and pan juices. Let simmer 5 minutes. Serve sauce with beef.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
- calories 335
- protein 41 grams
- carbs 6 grams
- fiber 1 grams,
- chol 84 mg.,
- sodium 142 mg.
- total fat 15 grams
- saturated fat 5 grams
Cooking from Scratch as Simply as Possible
The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook is the perfect way to get dinner on the table quickly and easily wit... Read More >
Imagine letting your body do the work for you. You no longer need to cut down your portions or spend countless hours in the... Read More >