This is a great light tasty low calorie refreshing sea bass dish to have tonight. Enjoy while eating light and calorie free “almost”.
- 1 lemon, very thinly sliced.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 thyme sprigs
- four 6-ounce sea bass fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 12 small bay leaves
1. Preheat the broiler. Arrange the lemon slices in a small roasting pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Broil 8 inches from the heat until lightly browned.
Finely chop 2 of the lemon slices, removing any pits. Transfer the minced lemon to a small bowl: stir in the mayonnaise and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the thyme springs over the lemon slices in the pan.
2. Make three 1/2-inch deep slashes in the skin of each sea bass fillet and slip a bay leaf into each slit. Place the fish skin side up in the roasting pan and drizzle with the remaining oil; season with salt and pepper.
Broil for 10 to 12 minutes, until the skin is browned and crisp and the fish is cooked through. Transfer the fish and lemons to plates: discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Pour any accumulated juices on the dish, stir well and serve with the fish.
Makes 4 servings.
Cooking from Scratch as Simply as Possible
The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook is the perfect way to get dinner on the table quickly and easily wit... Read More >
ForeWord Reviews 2012 Book of the Year Award Finalist (TBA)
... Read More >