Tips to reducing the number of calories you eat for breakfast!
- Skip those high calorie lattes in the morning. Lattes can be very high in calories ranging from 200 to 500 calories. Instead go for a regular coffee or flavored coffee with skim milk, and 1 sugar. This will do the trick by waking you up, and getting your day started.
- Ditch the pop-tart for a slice of high-fiber bread with all natural strawberry, blueberry or raspberry jam. And make sure the bread you buy at your local supermarket, or all natural specialty store is high in fiber, the label should read whole wheat or whole grain, not white flour or enriched whole wheat, these breads are processed foods which contain mostly sugar, and chemicals with no nutrients. Also the label of the whole wheat bread you choose to buy should read a least 2 to 4 % fiber, the higher fiber content the better.
- Gotta have that bagel today! Eat only half with fat free cream cheese, and a piece of fruit or a handful of nuts like almonds or walnuts. Nuts are high in fiber and leave you satisfied. And including nuts in your daily diet will give you the high percentage of fiber you should be consuming daily.
- Are you craving pancakes, you don’t have to do without, pancakes taste great. Pancakes are pretty easy to prepare, so make your own pancake and substitue white flour for whole wheat flour, and this will turn a diet no no, to a diet do. And add some fruit such as; blueberries, strawberries or raspberries, which make your breakfast even healthier. Here is a great whole wheat high fiber pancake recipe to prepare and here is an easy on the go tip to enjoy your pancakes on the go. Make extra pancakes, wrap them individually in saran wrap, and place in the freezer, and just place in the toaster to warm as needed, and you are on your way with a great tasting pancake. Easy right?
- Swap high sugar juices with either a piece of fruit or all natural low sugar juices. Most juices found in the supermarket today contain a high percentage of sugar such as; high fructose corn syrup that causes weight gain, and have a very low percentage of juice. When you shop read the label, and you will see that the juice content in most brands is as low as 10% real juice, so you are probably asking yourself why call it juice, which we think is healthy. Most Supermarket juice brands are not healthy any more.
- Add a slim fast breakfast bar to your daily diet, it is only 180 calories. This is an easy on the go breakfast meal that you can include in your diet a least 3-4 days a week, don’t try to include a break bar into your diet every day of the week, you need to add variety into your diet so you don’t get bored of the same meals. The slim fast breakfast bar will help you manage your weight loss plan, just include a low calorie slim fast breakfast bar into your daily diet plan for breakfast and you will stay on track to achieving your weight loss goal. It is a great option for those of you who are on the go, and need a quick healthy low calorie breakfast that will not sabotage your weight loss goal.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner... Life: Recipes and Adventures from My Home KitchenIn her first cookbook, the acclaimed chef shares her favorite cook-at-home recipes, inspired by her year off from professional cooking.
Missy... Read More >
Missy... Read More >
150 Best Breakfast Sandwich Maker Recipes
Easy breakfast sandwiches made at home.
Breakfast is easier than ever using these delicious recipes and a breakfast sandwich maker. A morn... Read More >
Vegan for Everybody: Foolproof Plant-Based Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and In-BetweenIn this cookbook, America's Test Kitchen decodes and demystifies vegan cooking, so you can reap its many benefits and avoid the pitfalls of bland food... Read More >