This is a great recipe for the detox diet and a great way to decrease your carbs and increase your protein intake. One of the biggest reasons our metabolism declines is because we do not get our daily protein requirement of 30%. Try this tasty low calorie recipe you will love it.
- 3 limes
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 packed fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp plus 1tsp lower sodium fish sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1lb. lean (93%) ground turkey
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium-high.
- From 2 limes, squeeze 1/4 cup juice into bowl. Cut remaining lime into wedges.
- To lime juice, add carrots, half of mint, 1/4 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper. Stir; let stand.
- In large bowl, with hands, combine turkey, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and remaining mint and garlic. Shape tablespoon of mixture. Arrange on skewer, 1/2 inch apart; flatten slightly.
- Grill meatballs 4 to 5 minutes or unti grill marks appear and meat loses its pink color, turning occasionally.
- Divide meatballs and carrot mixture among lettuce leaves. serve with lime wedges.
Makes 4 Servings
30 minutes to prepare
27 grams of protein
15 grams of carb.
4 grams of fiber
2 grams of saturated fat
*** This cookbook has been edited and updated (12/13/2015), thanks to all the feedback we got. Thank you for making this book ... Read More >
Missy... Read More >