This is a tasty turkey sausage pasta recipe that the whole family will love! It is a recipe where the ingredients are full of vitamins and minerals! This pasta recipe is a perfect meal choice for the detox diet! The whole wheat pasta enriched with fiber, and turkey sausage makes this dish a perfect choice for dieters or anyone who just loves a tasty healthy meal.
- 2 ounce(s) whole-wheat short pasta, such as shells or twists
- 8 ounce(s) hot Italian turkey sausage links, removed from casings
- 3 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 8 cup(s) arugula, or baby spinach
- 2 cup(s) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) finely shredded Pecorino Romano, or Parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes, or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, arugula (or spinach) and tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, until the greens wilt and the tomatoes begin to break down, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Combine 1/2 cup cheese, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Measure out 1/2 cup of thecooking liquid; drain the pasta. Whisk the cooking liquid and oil into the cheese mixture; add the pasta and toss to combine. Serve the pasta topped with the sausage mixture and an extra sprinkle of cheese, if desired.
Cooking from Scratch as Simply as Possible
The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook is the perfect way to get dinner on the table quickly and easily wit... Read More >