Who doesn’t love Lasagna, especially low calorie great tasting lasagna? Try this vegetable lasagna recipe, it is not only healthy, it’s also delicious! Just because you are dieting and trying to lose weight, does not mean that you have to give up meals you love. This is a great meal to add to your weight loss goal sheet! Happy cooking! Let us know what you think?
Please rate this recipe.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 1 lb fresh kale, stems removed, leaves washed, dried and chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 1 pkt (1.8 oz) white sauce mix, prepared with milk as pkg directs and adding 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles (from an 8-oz box) – whole wheat lasagna noodles if possible
- 1 tub (15 oz) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 pt cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 pkg (8 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1.Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-in. baking dish.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onions; sauté until golden. Stir in kale, salt and pepper; cook 4 minutes, or until kale wilts.
3. Spoon a thin layer of white sauce in baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, not overlapping. Spread with half the ricotta cheese, covering noodles completely. Top with layers of half the kale, half the tomatoes and 1/3 the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1⁄3 the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 3 noodles; cover completely with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with nonstick foil.
4. Bake 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer until center is hot (see Note).
Note: Insert the tip of a knife in the center for 30 seconds. If tip feels hot when removed, the lasagna is done.
- Yield 6 servings,Calories 459, Total Fat 17g, Saturated Fat 9g, Cholesterol 48mg, Sodium 732mg, Total Carbohydrates 27g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Protein 27g
Learn how to use the best ingredients and simple, classic techniques to make fresh, homemade pasta in your own kitchen with Making Artisan Pasta. C... Read More >