- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds beef boneless top sirloin steak, cut into 2x 3/4x 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 cups beef flavored broth (from two 32-oz cartons)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
1. In 5 to 6 quart pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion,garlic and mushrooms; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are softened.
2. Stir in beef. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring, until beef is no longer pink. Stir in remaining ingredients except noodles and sour cream. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in noodles. Cover; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender.
3. Stir in sour cream. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until well blended.
1 serving Calories 330 (calories from fat 120), Total Fat 14g, cholesterol 100mg, Protein 29g.
*** This cookbook has been edited and updated (12/13/2015), thanks to all the feedback we got. Thank you for making this book ... Read More >
A... Read More >