- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds beef boneless top sirloin steak, cut into 2x 3/4x 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 cups beef flavored broth (from two 32-oz cartons)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
1. In 5 to 6 quart pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion,garlic and mushrooms; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are softened.
2. Stir in beef. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring, until beef is no longer pink. Stir in remaining ingredients except noodles and sour cream. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in noodles. Cover; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender.
3. Stir in sour cream. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until well blended.
1 serving Calories 330 (calories from fat 120), Total Fat 14g, cholesterol 100mg, Protein 29g.
Cooking from Scratch as Simply as Possible
The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook is the perfect way to get dinner on the table quickly and easily wit... Read More >
A... Read More >