Green beans tossed with pecans and cranberries, sweetened with candied bacon, topped with spicy cheese topping or baked in a creamy casserole whichever you pick is sure to be a hit!
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs. green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- In dry nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, cook pecans, stirring often, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes; remove from pan.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring large pot salted water to boil. Add green beans; cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. To onion in skillet, add green beans, carnberries, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and beans are tender, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in zest and pecans.
Servings: 6, Per Servings: Calories: 139 Protein: 3g, Fiber 5g,
A compilation of Dick Logue’s two popular books, 500 High-Fiber Recipes and 500 Low-Cholesterol Recipes, 1,001 Heart Healthy Recipes brings you a... Read More >