Make your side dishes healthier! Along with added metabolism boosting tricks thats help with weight loss. Quinoa also boosts energy. By using hearty quinoa instead of rice in this Lemon-Basil Salad, it adds 5 grams of metabolism-revving protein and 3 grams of filling fiber per serving. This make-ahead side dish (served warm or at room temperature) is great for parties since it won’t spoil.
Lemon-Basil Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup drained and diced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup low-sugar dried cranberries
- 2 Tbs. minced red onions
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
In pot, bring quinoa and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and let simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Toss with 1 Tbs. lemon juice, 1 Tbs. lemon zest, feta cheese and remaining ingredients.