Enjoy this delicious low calorie roasted butternut squash soup.
1 butternut squash
1 whole onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 cups vegetarian broth
1 cups water
1 cup vanilla almond milk
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
Salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
1. Cut squash in half, clean out the seeds and roast face down in a pan with 1
inch water at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until squash meat is soft.
2. Remove from oven and let cool. Meanwhile sauté onion in 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil.
3. Add squash meat, broth, water, almond milk, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the pan.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf and carefully pour soup into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour back into pan and simmer, season until desired flavor is achieved.
5. Serve with baked apples and crusty bread.
Yields 6 servings.
Hors d’oeuvres made modern: Today’s style of entertaining calls for fuss-free par... Read More >