Lesley Scott, 45, lost weight thanks to the green smoothies. “I’ve never been thinner or in better shape,” Lesley says. “It’s awesome to think that when you’re in your mid 40’s and are premenopausal, you don’t have to pack on the pounds you can actually do the opposite!”
That’s also true for Florrie Wallace, 48, she dropped pounds she hadn’t been able to despite 25 years of trying after she started blending and juicing her greens, “So many diets had failed in the past,” shares Florrie, who likes to blend assorted greens with fresh strawberries for a high fiber sip that’s sweet and creamy, “I figured this would be my last hurrah, and when it didn’t work, I’d just accept being heavy forever.”
But it did work better than she dreamed it could! Florrie followed the plan created by the detox diet, and within four days of drinking green “cocktails”, she raves, “My body felt more alive.” Instead of feeling frazzled like things were going to fall apart, I discovered an overall sense of well-being,” says Florrie. “I moved from rejecting my body to loving it.”
To get started blending your green smoothie:
Blenders that boast 1,000 plus watts whip up the smoothest drinks, consider the Vitamix 5200, though pricey fans swear by its smooth results and longevity some say their Vitamix has outlasted the seven year warranty.
Smoothie’s Recipes to jump Start your Slim Down:
1. In blender, combine 2 cups spinach; 2 cups chopped cucumbers; 1 head celery; 1/2″ or 1 tsp. ginger root; 1 bunch parsley; apples, chopped; juice of 1 lime and juice of 1/2 lemon. Puree 30 second, or until smooth. Makes 3 to 4 servings.
2. In blender, combine 3 to 4 cups chopped Swiss chard, spinach, romaine lettuce and/or collard greens; 1 cup each chopped kale and cilantro; 1 banana, frozen and sliced; 2 cups assorted frozen berries and 1 clove garlic, peeled. Puree 30 seconds, or unit smooth.
More Diet Tips and Tools:
More Diet Articles to support your weight loss goals:
Including an exercise program to your diet will help you lose more weight and get into shape.
- The kettlebell workout program – it is fun!
- 30 minutes workouts – interval workouts to burn a higher number of calories
- The wave – a new trend in exercise
Energizes Better than Coffee: An invigorating energy different from what you'll experience with coffee and energy drinks. It provides a rigor and ... Read More >