Enjoy this low calorie tasty sweet potato casserole.
2 lbs. sweet potatoes
1 cup walnuts
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 small brand fresh rosemary, chopped
1 pinch nutmeg, grated
Black pepper to taste
1. Peel sweet potatoes.
2. Cut potatoes into 1-inch thick pieces.
3. In a double boiler, steam potatoes on medium heat setting for 1 hour or until the potatoes are soft when pierced with the tip of a small knife.
4. Crush walnuts into small pieces. Keep them in their original bag, then gently pound the nuts with a meat hammer or similar heavy object.
5. In a skillet, on the medium heat setting, toast walnuts for 3-5 minutes or until light brown.
6. Pull rosemary leaves off the thick stem, then chop finely with a knife.
7. In a bowl, combine spices, toasted walnuts, and rosemary with steamed potatoes.
8. Mash potatoes. Mixture should have a chunky texture.
9. Transfer the potato mixture into a heatproof dish. Heat in a 350-degree oven and serve. and serve.
The Red Detox Diet presents a wonderful cleansing regime that lasts 30 days and ... Read More >