Enjoy this low calorie tasty sweet potato casserole.
2 lbs. sweet potatoes
1 cup walnuts
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 small brand fresh rosemary, chopped
1 pinch nutmeg, grated
Black pepper to taste
1. Peel sweet potatoes.
2. Cut potatoes into 1-inch thick pieces.
3. In a double boiler, steam potatoes on medium heat setting for 1 hour or until the potatoes are soft when pierced with the tip of a small knife.
4. Crush walnuts into small pieces. Keep them in their original bag, then gently pound the nuts with a meat hammer or similar heavy object.
5. In a skillet, on the medium heat setting, toast walnuts for 3-5 minutes or until light brown.
6. Pull rosemary leaves off the thick stem, then chop finely with a knife.
7. In a bowl, combine spices, toasted walnuts, and rosemary with steamed potatoes.
8. Mash potatoes. Mixture should have a chunky texture.
9. Transfer the potato mixture into a heatproof dish. Heat in a 350-degree oven and serve. and serve.
Want you and Your Family Eat More Vegetables For Better Health?
You Need The Spiralizer Elite Spiral Slicer!
Is the Spiralizer Elite Sp... Read More >
Lose 10 pounds in 7 days—the author of the popular book and blog Lose Weight by Eating offers multiple plan options and 130 delicious, real-food ... Read More >