Whole Grain Bread Recipe!
Detox Diet Food.
Perfect food addition to the Detox Diet.
This recipe is Packed with fiber and vitamins, this bread recipe provides the benefits of both soluble and insoluble fiber without the processed or artificial ingredients that processed white bread contains.
The detox diet is about replacing processed white bread with whole gains such as; whole wheat bread.
And preparing it at home is the best way to make sure you are getting whole wheat or whole gains.
This bread isn’t the right size and texture for sandwich bread, but it’s fantastic as a side dish or soup companion.
It’s particularly good when it’s served warm with a small amount of butter or organic jam. Mmmm, a multivitamin…
WHOLE WHEAT MOLASSES BREAD RECIPE
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 c. buttermilk, or plain lowfat yogurt (I used the yogurt)
- 1/2 c. molasses (again, I used blackstrap)
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, then butter a 9×5 inch (1-1/2 qt.) loaf pan.
In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, caraway seeds and salt.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg, then beat in the buttermilk or yogurt, molasses and oil. Scrape this into the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out dry. Cool on a rack 10 minutes, then remove the loaf from the pan and cool at least 1 hour before slicing.
More Diet Tips and Tools:
More Diet Articles to support your weight loss goals:
- Your Total Body Miracle Menus!
- Superfoods Essential to weight loss.
- Dr. Oz’s easy Detox Diet.
- The Detox Diet Menu Tips.
- Dr. Oz you on a diet.
- Healthy Holiday Gifts – give the gift of life.
- Vitamin D is linked to Weight Loss.
Workout tips to burn more calories
Including an exercise program to your diet will help you lose more weight and get into shape.
- The kettlebell workout program – it is fun!
- 30 minutes workouts – interval workouts to burn a higher number of calories
- The Wave Workout – a new trend in exercise
- Customized Workout Plan targeted to Your weight loss and fitness goals.