- 2 Chicken Breasts (Cooked & Cubed)
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Lettuce Leaves Chopped
- Juice of one Lime
- 2 ounces of Goat cheese or your choice of soft cheese
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 8 Cilantro leaves chopped
- Cut the avocado in half. Scoop out avocado and save shell.
- Cut one half into cubes and set aside.
- Place the other half in a bowl and mash with fork, mixing in seasoning and 1 ounce scoop of goat cheese
- Once mixed, add cubed chicken, lettuce, and other 1 ounce scoop of goat cheese. Add lime juice and mix together in the bowl. Then gently mix in the cubed avocado (Avoid mashing the cubes, you want it chunky)
- Fill the avocado shells with the Avocado Chicken Salad and serve
- Optional: Serve with lettuce leaves to make wraps
Eat More, Weigh LessPublished by Harper/Collins, 1993, this First Edition, measures 9 1/2" by 6 1/4", with 425 pages. Author Dr. Dean Ornish presents 250 heart-healthy gourmet recipes.
Grain-free tabbouleh that uses cauliflower in place of grains and pumps up the protein content with hemp seeds and chickpeas. And this is a perfect recipe for the 17 Day Diet.
- (4 servings) Salad.
- 1 small head organic cauliflower, pulsed in food processor to yield 3 cups.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, to keep recipe raw, use sprouted chickpeas instead.
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds.
- 1 cup packed fresh curly parsley, thick stems removed and minced.
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro, thick stems removed and minced.
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, about 3 medium tomatoes.
- 5 large green onions, chopped.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- freshly ground pepper, to taste.
Break up cauliflower into small flourets.
Place in food processor and pulse until broken down to the size of couscous. Place in a large bowl. Place all other salad ingredients in with the cauliflower. Set aside.
Combine dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the veggies, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 bunch (about 1lb) broccoli rabe or broccoli, cut into 3″ pieces.
- 8 oz whole wheat penne 4 Tbsp olive oil 1 lb med shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 2 tsp minced garlic 1/2 tsp red-pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup seafood broth or reduced sodium chicken broth.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil.
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan.
Bring 4 qt water to a boil in large pot over high heat. Add broccoli rabe and cook until crisp tender, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon or tongs and plunge into cold water. Drain and set aside. In same water, cook pasta per package directions.
Heat 2 Tbsp of the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place shrimp in pan in single layer. Cook, stirring once or twice, until shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes. With slotted spoon or tongs, transfer shrimp to bowl and set aside.
Add remaining 2 Tbsp oil to pan and cook garlic over medium heat 30 seconds. Add red-pepper flakes and broccoli rabe and cook until soft not soggy, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp, broth, and basil and heat through, about 1 minute. Drain pasta and transfer to large to large serving bowl. Toss with cheese. Add shrimp and broccoli rabe mixture and toss. Serve immediately.
4 Per Serving:
525 cal, 37 g protein, 50 g carb, 5 g fiber, 19.5 g fat, 3.5 g sat fat, 358 mg sodium.