It is getting a little chilly with Fall right around the corner and this low calorie tortellini spinach soup recipe that is high in fiber (4.5 grams of fiber) is a perfect meal to warm you up! So try this tasty soup, you will love it, while sticking to your weight loss plan and diet. Let us know what you think?
makes 4 servings
1 (9 ounce) package fresh tortellini or dried tortellini
1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
10 ounces fresh spinach or frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
4-6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup minced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1. In a soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Saute the garlic and onion, stirring often, for about 5-7 minutes (until the onions are translucent).
3. Add the tomatoes and broth, turn the heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
4. Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
5. When the tortellini are almost done, add the spinach and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve immediately, (optionally) garnishing each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information per serving: 312 calories, 9.9g fat, 4.5g fiber
Remember fiber is an important part of your diet and weight loss plan. Fiber actually acts as a binding agent, it blinds to fatty deposits flushing them out of your system increasing weight loss. And it promotes a quicker movement of food through the digestive tract. Because fiber actually passes through our intestines, it actually carries fat and calories out, preventing the body from breaking down and absorbing some of the fat and cholesterol we ingest.
So make sure you incorporate fiber into your diet! Here are some high fiber on the go meal bars that will help you stay on track to reaching your weight loss goals, on those busy on the go days.