This sandwich is prepared with one of Oprah’s favorite things the panini press.
“This is a staple at my house,” Oprah says of the Breville Panini Press. Whether she’s using it to grill or making Stedman her original Love Sandwich, it’s clear Oprah loves this classic favorite thing. “I have personally bought 22 of these as gifts for other people,” she says.
Now, with a 25 percent larger cooking surface, this model of the Breville Panini Press can accommodate up to four sandwiches at once, making it perfect for casual entertaining and quick weeknight meals. It also features an adjustable top plate, nonstick cast aluminum, variable heat controls and a variable angle grilling surface.
- 2 slices sourdough sandwich bread
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 teaspoon light mayonnaise
- 3 ounces thinly sliced turkey
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pepper jack cheese
- 2 basil leaves
- Preheat an electric panini press to medium-high heat according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Brush one side of the bread slices with olive oil. Lay the slices, oiled side down, on a clean work surface and brush the tops of each slice with 1 teaspoon light mayonnaise.
- Place 1 1/2 oz. turkey and 1 oz. cheese and basil leaves on one of the slices of bread. Top the remaining turkey and cheese onto the other slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich on the preheated panini press and cook according to the manufacturers instructions until crispy and dark golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sandwich onto a cutting board.
Servings: Serves 1