Hopefully you have because it really has a lot of flavor and taste great, and it is a very healthy food. It is the perfect addition to your diet plan. And if you are trying to lose weight, it is a great high fiber food to help you succeed.
- It has been classified as a super food because it is packed with all the essential sources of vitamins, and whole gains that are beneficial to losing weight and sustaining a healthy diet.
- Quinoa is known as one of the most nutritious foods on the Planet, this super food is packed with protein and high in fiber. And fiber increases weight loss because it acts as a binding agent, it blinds to fatty deposits flushing them out of your system increasing weight loss.
- Quinoa is considered a complete protein, which means that, like meats, eggs and dairy, it packs all the essential amino acids your body needs to build muscle. Quinoa has about twice the protein of regular cereal gains, fewer carbohydrates, and even a dose of healthy fats.
Quinoa – Super Food
Cooking Quinoa: It is easy to cook Quinoa. It is tasty, & versatile – very much like rice, but better!
A Delicious Quinoa Breakfast Recipe
It is a great way to kick start your day!
- 1 cup or so cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or slivered almonds (softer & sweeter when soaked overnight)
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 2 Tbsp chopped dried apricots
- Substitute dried cranberries, currants, blueberries, chopped figs or dates as you like
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond, hemp or soy milk, flavored or plain – add more as needed
- Optional: 1 Tbsp maple syrup, brown rice syrup or other sweetener
- Combine all ingredients in a two quart saucepan
- Heat on medium-low, stirring, until the quinoa has soaked up the liquid, and the dried fruit has plumped up nicely
- Add more milk if needed until the consistency pleases you
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Quinoa – Toasted Almonds & Dried Cranberries
4 – 6 Servings: This quinoa stove top casserole cooks quickly because the almonds and quinoa are roasted, and then boiling water is added. The quinoa should be drained well before roasting.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 vegan vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Soak the quinoa 15 minutes in cold water
- Stir the quinoa with your hand, pour off most of the water and drain through a fine mesh strainer
- Shake dry in the strainer, then set the strainer over a bowl or pitcher
- Heat a wide bottomed pan on medium heat and add the oil
- Stir and toast the sliced almonds until golden, then remove from pan
- Add the quinoa. Stir and toast until dry and turning color
- Add boiling water, veggie cube, salt, bay leaf and cinnamon stick, and dried cranberries
- Bring back to boil, cover, turn the heat to simmer, cook for 10 minutes or until all the water is absorbed
- Remove from heat and allow to sit five minutes with the lid on
- Fluff gently with a fork and serve
Easy breakfast sandwiches made at home.
Breakfast is easier than ever using these delicious recipes and a breakfast sandwich maker. A ... Read More >