Grain-free tabbouleh that uses cauliflower in place of grains and pumps up the protein content with hemp seeds and chickpeas. And this is a perfect recipe for the 17 Day Diet.
- (4 servings) Salad.
- 1 small head organic cauliflower, pulsed in food processor to yield 3 cups.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, to keep recipe raw, use sprouted chickpeas instead.
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds.
- 1 cup packed fresh curly parsley, thick stems removed and minced.
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro, thick stems removed and minced.
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, about 3 medium tomatoes.
- 5 large green onions, chopped.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- freshly ground pepper, to taste.
Break up cauliflower into small flourets.
Place in food processor and pulse until broken down to the size of couscous. Place in a large bowl. Place all other salad ingredients in with the cauliflower. Set aside.
Combine dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the veggies, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Buy Nutivea Shelled Hempseed:
Shop Now for Nutiva Shelled Hempseed, 8-Ounce Bag.