Moves to Maximize your fitness walking workout!
- To get the most from your fitness walking, stand tall. Maintaining proper posture will help burn more calories and prevent injury. Plus, pulling back your shoulders can make you look pounds lighter. Here are some moves to improve your posture and get you energized for your fitness walking workout:
- Lift your arms straight out in front of you, then up overhead, and then back down in front of you, all the while keeping your back flat against the wall. Pull your navel in to contract your abdominals (this will also help you build your abdominal muscles). Repeat movement 3 times, exhaling as you lift arms and inhaling to lower them back to the start. (refer to #1 in the diagram)
- Stand up straight with your arms to your side. Allow your arms to hang loosely in front of you as you pull in your belly muscles and reach for the floor. Return to standing and repeat 8 times. (refer to #2 in the diagram)
- Walk your hands down to the floor in front of you, until you are in a push-up plank position. If necessary, lower your knees to the ground. Be sure your hands are under your shoulders. Bend your elbows and lower your body 3 times, exhaling as you raise back up. Push off your hands and back onto your knees and toes as you slowly stand up. Repeat 3 sets. (refer to #3 in the diagram)
- Lifting light weights, in addition to walking 30 minutes 4-5 days a week, is extremely beneficial for improving your posture and increasing muscle tone, as well as for boosting calorie burn. Here’s how:
4. Grab some light (3 to 5 pound) weights and hold them behind your head at the nape of your neck. You can increase weights to 8-10 pound weights, as you start to feel comfortable, and are correctly able to balance the lighter weights. Open your elbows to the sides. Extend the wights overhead slowly, while engaging your core muscles. Lower back down even more slowly. Repeat 5 times
Check out the weights from Amazon (Valeo HW5 5-pound neoprene hand weight as low as $19.99)
- Fitness walking shoes for women is a great way to tone up your body faster and improve your posture!
Shape Ups from SKECHERS are designed to get you fit while you walk, work, shop, and more. Shape Ups have as much a place in your life as your boots, sandals, and dress casuals, and can retrain your muscles, helping you walk with a positive impact. Used properly, Shape Ups change the way you approach your daily activities. Used regularly, Shape Ups will enhance the way you feel and look; muscles get toned, calories are burned and your posture improves.
Skechers Women’s shape up-strength fitness walking shoe, save money at Amazon.com below.
Fit to your ear
The headset comes with 6 interchangeable ear tips and ... Read More >
GRAY MATTER 6 ft x 5ft CARDIO MAT By Square36
• 2.5X Larger Than A Standard Sized Exercise/Yoga Mat 6 Feet X 5 Feet (72" x 60") & 7 mm Thi... Read More >