What is fenugreek tea? It is a spice popular in Indian and Middle Eastern cooking. It has been proven to speed slimming and improve overall health. Canadian researchers recently discovered that 4-hydroxyisoleucine, an amino acid in fenugreek, boosts the pancreas’s ability to metabolize energy in the form of both sugar and fat.
Another study showed that after eight weeks of consuming a daily drink made from about 1 tbs. of fenugreek, subjects had better blood sugar control and lower cholesterol levels.
In addition, some people have reported losing 10 pounds in a week-and 30 total-by drinking fenugreek tea daily. Since fenugreek tea suppresses appetite, it is effective in weight loss.
The chemical compounds found in fenugreek have the ability to aid the digestive process. Consequently, when taken with meals it is believed that fenugreek is able to slow down the rate at which sugars are absorbed into the body, whereby regulating blood sugar levels.
Additionally, studies indicate that 4-hydroxyisoleucine (an amino acid) found in fenugreek may induce or promote the production of insulin when blood sugar levels are elevated.
In studies of animals and humans with both Diabetes and High Cholesterol levels, fenugreek appeared not only to regulate blood sugar levels but also lower levels of harmful cholesterol.
Fenugreek Tea Benefits:
- Drinking fenugreek tea or eating fenugreek sprouts stimulate the growth of breast tissues and promotes water retention.As a result you get fuller, larger breasts.
- Fenugreek tea is rich in minerals and vitamins and other compounds similar to estrogen. Thus, it increases the supply of milk in nursing mothers and also nourishes the baby. More on fenugreek for lactation.
- It reduces hot flushes and other menopausal symptoms.
- Increases libido in men and women.
- Beneficial for people with type-2 diabetes.
- Fenugreek seeds are effective in curing a disease called beri beri.
- Minimizes the risk of heart attacks.
- Reduces the level of cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Induces and eases labor in pregnant women.
- Fenugreek tea can also be used as a laxative. Fe
- Fenugreek tea suppresses appetite, hence is effective in weight loss.
- Fenugreek tea cleans kidneys and intestines.
A fenugreek tea recipe to lose weight:
The fenugreek tea recipe is simple. To make fenugreek tea:
- you will require 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and a cup of water.
- Boil the water and steep the seeds in it for as long as you can.
- The longer the better, but it recommended you steep it for a minimum period of 30 to 45 minutes. Now boil the tea for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Strain and remove the seeds and it can be had either hot or cold, as well as with or without sugar.
- These days, there are fenugreek capsules and tea bags available as well. However, it is always best to use it in its natural form.
More Diet Tips and Tools:
More Diet Articles to support your weight loss goals:
Workout tips to burn more calories
Including an exercise program to your diet will help you lose more weight and get into shape.
- The Kettlebell Workout Program – it is fun!
- 30 minutes workouts – interval workouts to burn a higher number of calories
- The wave – a new trend in exercise
- A customized workout Plan that targets your weight loss and fitness goals.
Two randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled studies, published by U.S. National Library o... Read More >